It’s not only humans who can struggle in hot weather and in the recent heat wave I wanted to find some fun ways to help to keep my canine cool. On our twice daily walks, she often gets the chance to splash and swim in the local river and I wanted to look into other ways to keep her chilled so I decided to try making some tasty frozen treats for her as an alternative.
These frozen doggie treats are super quick and easy to make needing only two ingredients and time to freeze. I used some cute bone and pawprint ice cube trays to make Lexi’s treats but a run of the mill ice cube tray will suffice.
- 500g yoghurt (ideally a natural yoghurt with no added sugar)
- 2-3 large tablespoons peanut butter
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender, mixer or food processor and mix well
- Pour into ice cube trays. Be sure to fill the trays right up to the top as I have found that thinner shapes will snap when you try to remove them from the tray.
- Freeze until firm, this should take a couple of hours.
- Pop the treats out of the tray (carefully) and place into a freezer safe container for later, or reward your pooch with a cool treat!