I have recently been trying out a bunch of new recipes, mostly for my husband to enjoy for lunches at work or evening meals. This recipe for pork loin steak with mushroom sauce is quick and simple, producing a filling and flavoursome dish.
- 1 Pork Stock Cube
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- 6 pork loin steaks
- 25g butter
- 200g sliced button mushroom
- 1/2 tsp dried sage
- 20g plain flour
- 100ml white wine
- 400ml boiling water
- 500 ml double cream
- Make a paste by mixing the stock cube with the vegetable oil and rub this over the steaks.
- Place the steaks on a hot griddle pan for 6 mins each side, or until they are cooked.
- Remove the pork from the pan and allow to rest while you prepare the sauce.
- Deglaze the pan by adding the white wine, leaving it on the heat.
- In another pan melt the butter and add the mushrooms and sage, allowing them to cook for a few minutes until the mushrooms are soft.
- To this add the flour, making a paste before slowly adding the wine from the griddle pan along with the water to make the sauce.
- Lastly, add the cream season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with rice or potatoes, pouring the sauce over the cooked pork loin steaks.