The last few days have really felt like Autumn with cold winds, rainy showers and grey skies. In fact my husband mentioned to me for the first time that we should think about putting the heating on! Although everyone always loves Summer I have to admit I have always been an Autumn girl and I love watching the leaves changing colour, the nights drawing in and digging out my woolly jumpers.
Here are a few things you might want to consider as we head into the colder months of the year:
- Get your Autumn outerwear ready: you will need a warm coat to protect against the wind and low temperatures, a scarf (or snood), hat, gloves (I prefer fingerless ones) and don’t forget a good pair of boots which will keep you from getting wet feet and being miserable!
- Now for your Autumn wardrobe! Dig out your favourite oversized jumpers, chunky cardigans and layer up using classic colours like mustard, burgundy and bottle green. A must for me is to stock up on thick socks which are great for mooching around the house.
- Treat yourself to some new comfy furniture, perhaps a recliner from Fenetic Wellbeing on which you can wile away the dark afternoons watching too much Netflix and drinking hot chocolate under a giant blanket. Wait, is that just me?
- Get in as many Pumpkin Spice lattes as you can while they are available at Starbucks.
- Get out and enjoy the season in nature! Take your camera to capture snaps of the amazing array of colours and textures out there at this time of year.
- We are lucky to live near fabulous woodland where you can collect Sweet Chestnuts for roasting! Don’t worry if you can’t find some, most shops will sell them towards Christmas and they make a great excuse to have an evening in.
- Become a Hygge expert and stock your living room and bedroom with lots of snuggly blankets! If you enjoy crafts why not make your own? I am in the middle of crocheting one myself.
- Go mad and cover your home in Halloween decorations when the time comes. Make sure you have a reliable supply of candy for Trick or Treaters.
- Learn how to make the world’s best grilled cheese sandwich because it will come in handy when you’re feeling peckish and you want something quick but delicious!
- Wrap up warm and attend your local Bonfire Night with friends and family. You might be standing around in a muddy field for an hour in the queue for a food but the fireworks will make you feel all sparkly inside.
- If you’re anything like me you will start getting excited for Christmas in October, start putting together your gift wish list and blare Christmas songs 24/7 until the big day itself. Why not? It only comes around once a year!