Are you planning a festive getaway this winter? My sister and I have an annual tradition of packing up and heading out to some of the world’s most fabulous Christmas markets and this year is no different, we are heading out to Copenhagen this December.
When it comes to packing for our trip I always try to keep to the bare minimum requirements to keep me looking good so travel-sized beauty products are a must! Check out the below list as inspiration for your next trip!
- Sun cream – Nothing is more important than skin protection when you’re heading on a holiday (even in winter!) Make sure you grab some travel-sized suncream, I recommend using no lower SPF than factor 30. There are plenty of mini versions available including those from Nivea, Ambre Solaire and Solait.
- Body lotion – It is a good idea to have a moisturising product in your suitcase as travel and sun can dry out the skin. Some brands offer travel kits with a collection of moisturising products like No. 7 at Boots which can be a good choice.
- Cleanser – Don’t forget to take something to clean your face after a long day exploring on your trip. I recommend cleansing wipes from brands like Simple or Nivea as they will be more gentle on skin which may be having a bit of a tough time in the sun or snow!
- Straighteners or curlers – If you are someone one loves to perfect the finishing touches to your hair it is a good idea to bring a set of straighteners or curlers along with heat protection and styling products etc. These travel-sized flat irons are perfect and most brands offer mini products such as the TRESemme Protect Heat Defence Styling Spray which comes in a 60ml version.
- Shampoo and conditioner – You won’t want to lug your normal sized products with you on holiday so snap up some minis like the ones from Aussie or Herbal Essences. You can also get Batiste Dry Shampoo in a travel-friendly size for use between washes.
- Makeup – There are a lot of options for mini makeup (or samples) for travelling and I recommend you take the following with you: a concealer, a tinted moisturiser and a highlighter for flexible skin coverage (if you are heading somewhere hot you won’t want to be wearing full foundation!). You can find mini mascara from a number of brands such as Urban Decay, Lancome and Benefit. I recommend taking a lip balm to keep lips nourished at all temperatures and you can’t go wrong with a travel-friendly lipstick from Clinique, MAC or Avon. There are lots of travel size eyeshadow palettes on the market, pick one with shades which can take you from day to night for maximum flexibility.